Year 2 2019 - 2020
Welcome to the Year 2 class page.
Welcome to Year 2: Mrs Atkinson and Mrs Storey's Class page.
COVID-19 – Home Learning
- The website White Rose Maths has developed an online Home Learning Live hub - with a daily online lesson every day for Y2 (and all year groups). Each lesson has a clear teaching video, practice activity and answers to check your work. As always, remember to start with what you know and show your working out.
- You can also use your Abacus logins to practice all of the maths we have covered this year so far.
- 15-20 minutes daily practice here can make a MASSIVE difference to future progress in maths. You won't regret it!
Twinkl - are offering free resources for 3 months whilst we're all at home. Our summer term topic would be 'Heroes and Villains', we usually choose some well known fairytales for ideas, and ultimately write, and ilustrate our own books this term! We'll give you some more ideas as you go on, but there is some KS1 writing frames for the Gingerbread man to get you started
The website Pobble365 provides an exciting daily writing challenge. Each day there is a well written extract, Story Starter, Key Questions (comprehension), Picture Perfect, Sentence Challenge and Sick Sentences (this is what we call Sentence Upgrade in class,) activities to help us develop our skills as writers. Remember to use and build a full range of sentence types – just like you all do so well in class.
- A child in Y2 should be reading for 15-20 mins a day. Please log in daily to your Bug Club books and enjoy the books we have set you. There are lots of comprehension questions too. Try different sorts of reading - reading aloud (to a grown up, pet or even a cuddly toy!), reading in pairs (with a sibling / grown up), reading by yourself.
- We sent home your Summer 1 comprehension sheets. We use these once a week in small groups during book time. Pick a day to do yours together at home.
We have sent home the next half term's spelling patterns for you in your packs. It is labelled 'Spring / Term 3a - these are the spellings we would be learning if you were in school! Use the handwriting sheets and look / cover / write / check to practice them. Try writing sentences or silly stories with them! Enjoy using your imagination...
If you need some more material: Mr Hall's recommendation
- The brilliant, award winning spelling and grammar app/website 'Sir Linkalot' is free for the next 3 months (using the username and login FREE.) It uses clever tricks, links and patterns to teach spelling through short smart videos. Watch, practice on paper, complete the tests and really build your confidence with spelling. I've tried it. It works
. Try it out!
HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY, SCIENCE, MUSIC, ART, D&T, PE
- Sheffield's own artist Pete McKee is uploading some great, weekly drawing cartoon lesson tutorials through his YouTube channel. Have a look!
SInging: Out of the Ark are giving us daily songs - the children are used to singing along on using 'Words on Screen'
- This website from the Scouts is full of fun, cross curricular learning challenges to complete at home.
- Simple, easy and fun craft ideas to try.
If you need help with logins, need extra resources, any extra help or just to send me some brilliant work, contact me directly through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care and hope to see you all soon,
Mrs Atkinson and Mrs Storey.
Files to Download
Year 2 : News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2 : Blog items
Year 2 : Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display