Introduction from the Headteacher
As the foundation stone above the main entrance Indicates Clifford School was founded in 1832, opening its doors primarily to the children of the Parish of St. Andrew's Sharrow. Additional accommodation was built in 1896. In 2018 the school changed to become a primary school and was renamed Clifford All Saints. It is now a school on two sites the original Psalter Lane site and the old Ecclesall Junior School site on Ringinglow Road. Clifford All Saints aims to give a sound academic education, positive values and a sense of security to children nurtured in the caring, Christian atmosphere of a one form entry Church School.
As a Church School we have strong links with the parish churches of St. Andrew's Psalter Lane and Ecclesall All Saints and make these links meaningful to both the school and the church. The children visit the churches and experience worship in the church buildings The churches are also used as places of learning. The minister, or a member of each church comes into school weekly to take assembly. The Christian ethos of the school ensures that Clifford All Saints is a place where children feel valued and loved.
At Clifford All Saints we have a community where every child is known to every member of staff and to each other. It as a small one form entry school has the advantage of being able to provide a secure family atmosphere for each individual child. We believe that all children are unique and have a valuable and vital role to play in the life of the school and the wider community. Within the school structure, we encourage all children to reach their full potential. We offer a wide range of extra curricular activities. We are a happy, caring, high achieving school which provides a good foundation for your children’s school careers.
On behalf of my staff I welcome you to look round Clifford School and hope you will decide that you and your child will become part of our community.
INSPIRATIONAL EDUCATION FOR EVERYONE
Inspirational and holistic education for all children in a welcoming, generous and safe Church School community shaped by faith, hope and love
- We offer high quality education for everyone in a confident and open Christian environment, in which all faiths and beliefs are valued and respected.
- We welcome every child and treat every child equally, irrespective of their age, gender, social background, ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, helping them to develop emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually.
- We provide a creative and stimulating learning environment where every child is inspired, supported and challenged to reach their highest potential.
- We provide a well-resourced, exceptional and formative learning experience, with a broad and balanced curriculum which reaches well beyond statutory requirements. We ensure that children develop as independent, and interdependent, learners who are at ease with themselves and others, through exciting solo and collaborative working.
- We promote an ordered and caring school environment where children, staff, carers and parents demonstrate the highest standards of personal conduct and where children enjoy high levels of confidence and self-esteem.
- We encourage the active contribution of families and the local community to the life of our school and value the close partnership between school, church and home